Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Where to start

Life is always full of pain and struggle. You might as well do what you love, because no matter what it will be hard.

I am not running, but I am living the way I need to live in order to keep my head above the water, to keep believing in good, to keep loving. Despair is easy when you see the world for what it is, but my windshield is tinted in rose and my pie brings out the best in everyone. It is wonderful to give people an opportunity to shine their best colors, because I've also seen their worst.

Can we change the world? Can we change others? I say that we can, at least, change ourselves. If you do not see the right in the world you wish to see, then at least live out the right in your own life. We need to start somewhere.
“To put the world in order we must first put the nation in order;  
to put the nation in order; we must first put the family in order;  
to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; 
we must first set our hearts right.”
                     —Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment