Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sainthood

My new place of residence consists of a very small room in a basement. Thus, in order to retain my sanity, I conjure Mother Teresa and the many other saints in their tiny, sparse cells.

For the times this exercise fails me, I have acquired a second home (thanks to the hospitality of some neighbors). Often making friends takes a lot of "getting to know you" time, but sometimes friends are instantaneous. Matt and Leah are those rare "just add water" kind of friends, who take very little effort to make but taste like they're from scratch; like we've known each other for a long time. Currently they're out at work, and I am sitting at their kitchen table, my second home.

In addition, on Sunday I was adopted into a large, energetic black family. All I had to do was hang out with them for a few hours, feed them pie, and low and behold I was christened (with a wooden spoon, I believe) their newest family member. The ceremony was complete with a whole lot of whooping and laughing and hugging and dancing.... pretty sure I up and died and went off to heaven. You may now call me Saint Teresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment