Sunday, September 29, 2013

Talk about experience...

This week at Old Skool I:
  • Worked with Tammy, the head of Old Skool University, to write a curriculum plan for their new class of students.
  • Wrote an outline for their new apprenticeship program.
  • Created a training plan to equip youth trainers with teaching skills and tools.
  • Helped create a new wine list.
  • Got to play the role of server, host, busser, bartender, dishwasher, prep cook, and manager.
  • Had to tell myself to slow down, as my tendency to constantly edit everything I touch was verging on obsession, my idea-generating mechanism was overheating, and my workaholic meter was climbing.
Remember, Teresa, you're still learning.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! It sounds as if you have really found your way around the restaurant! Glad this opportunity has allowed you to take part in so many of the various roles. I'm also glad you have found time to enjoy to relax (either with sourdough bread in hand or on a neighbor's deck)! ... Side note, if you feel like it, it would be interesting to hear more on Old Skool University. :)

    ReplyDelete