Imagine
if we always had everything we could ever want and need.... what
reason would we have to be resourceful and innovative? Scarcity
breeds creativity, and I'd say that when we fully utilize our
creative abilities we're expressing the full potential of our
humanity (collectively) and personality (individually), which is a
beautiful thing! On that reason alone I think I'd always rather live
with less... though I could probably write a dissertation on the
subject if you'd prefer.
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Kale and Kreativity
The
other day I purchased an armful of kale large enough to last me a lifetime for only a dollar (pretty sure it's not organic... but DANG that's cheap!!). Being on a budget as I am, I have been eating
kale all week. It's amazing what you can make with kale, onions, and
garlic when the situation demands it. Add some chili powder, hot
sauce, lime, cilantro: Mexican kale! Put that in corn tortillas: kale
tacos! Season with some herbs, throw in tomato sauce and parmasen:
Italian kale! Cook it with lemon, parsley, olives and feta: Greek
kale! I've done a kale sandwich, kale omelet, kale salad... I have
berbere and shiro powder, so maybe I'll do Ethiopian kale next. The
whole exercise, while slightly absurd, is rather amusing and I'm
enjoying it immensely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment