Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I have a dream.

Recently it has taken the shape of a bakery, restaurant, or cafe that exists beneath the home of the young women who run it. Why? Adventure, business training, full-life mentoring, a self-sustaining and self-replicating venture.... the pursuit of this idea is why I'm going to San Francisco.

It's true that my dream has taken many turns, from this big picture (aka by some as Mama T's Cafe), to just a home (for children, young women, or lost and lonely people), to a school (for kids who can't read good, per Derek Zoolander), to a farm school.... In the spirit of allowing my vision to mold as I go, I think it is good that I have an eclectic one.

What do I really see in my mind's eye?
A big, old, wise house whose entire yard is growing vegetables, herbs, and tall, wild-looking flowers, topped by trellises and arches sporting vines of peas, string beans, and morning glories. If you walk up the little stone path to the front door you will enter into a lively and colorful room wafting cajun spices, coffee, and laughter. Is it a restaurant? Maybe. But maybe it's just for the people who live there, or who come in. Maybe we'll sell our baked goods, or handmade crafts. We will definitely have music concerts and plays.

I think this is what I want most.

No comments:

Post a Comment