Tuesday, September 17, 2013

San Francisco

Get ready - the real adventure has begun (please click on that link....sorry, couldn't help it).

1940s supper club? Live entertainment? International Soul Food? Run by at-risk youth?
Yes, these all exist in one place.

Welcome to Old Skool Cafe! Watch this short video and be amazed (but first you might want to click on that there link and check out Old Skool's awesome website while waiting for previously clicked on pump-up song to be over).




Talk about outside the box -- this place is it. I am excited to say that starting tomorrow I will be working here as a full time volunteer for at least the next 2 months. I suppose that's a bit outside the box as well. 

My (awesome, crazy, enthusiastic, resourceful) friend Michelle Turner suggested I do another outside the box thing -- give people the opportunity to pay for my salary, since Old Skool Cafe cannot. I hadn't even considered it, had no idea if I wanted to do it or how to do it.... so she patiently walked me through setting up a site on Razoo. Check it out - this will link to my page, but there are so many neat things on this site you could support!

There will be much more to come about Old Skool Cafe in the weeks ahead... get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment